Monday, November 1, 2010

Pumpkin Carving Night

Chris's favorite part of Halloween is pumpkin carving. He loves it! I don't love it, so I am glad he does so that he has the privledge of doing it every year. Normally, he free hands it. But, this year, I bought the stencils with the proper cutting tools. Chris was not fond of this. He didn't want to do a stencil. Well, I begged and Lexi picked out one and said, "Daddy, please do the happy pumpkin," and between the two of us we convinced him to give it a try. Well, he did a wonderful job! I think our pumpkin turned out really cute! Chris thought it looked good to. And, my kitchen knives were spared this year, well all but one that needed to be used for the  top. But, it was fun! Now, every year, Lexi hates touching the seeds, and "guts" of the pumpkin. In the past, she has cried. Well, we always just thought it was because she was too young. WELL, she really does NOT like touching the insides of pumpkins. She did not cry this year though and she tried to scrape off the seeds with the little shovel, but she did not love it. In fact, this year she said, "This is gross, you do it daddy, PLEASE!!" It made us both laugh. Oh well, she did love watching Chris carve it though and she loved the end result. So, it is just another thing that shows Lexi does have a girly side to her :) 

Chris cutting the top while Lexi intently watches
ta dah! The top is off, time to remove the seeds and guts!
Look at her face, she loves it :)
I love how serious Chris is when carving, he takes it very seriously :)
Finished product
Christine at exactly 3 months old. I love her smirk. So cute! She is sporting some ghost pjs my mom got for her. You cannot tell, but the orange writing says, "My First Halloween" The black letters say, Boo! Love 'em!
Lexi sporting her pjs my mom got for her. The shirt says, "I'm so cute it's scary" The word "scary" glows in the dark. 
On our front porch, lit up and ready to greet trick or treaters, but we had none! So, Lexi liked to look at it all lit up. I hope everyone had a happy Halloween just as we did!

No comments: