Friday, October 29, 2010

Trick or Treat


Happy Early Halloween! Tonight, our ward, did its annual trick or treat party. We took some pics of Lex (as Minnie Mouse), Christine and Us before the party, before Lexi looked like she had fun, if you know what I mean :) Then, we were off. It started off with a pizza potluck dinner. We brought Little Caesars pizza, and so did most of the ward. We ate and then the festivities for us began. The kids all went around the gym, dancing to music, kind of like a little parade. Lexi had fun, but she made me hold her hand the whole time, she was acting shy tonight for some reason. After that, we went trick or treating. Each family took a room in the church building. Chris went to our family's room with Christine to pass out candy. Lexi and I made the rounds. I was so impressed with how well Lexi said, Trick or Treat, and how many times, without me prompting her, she said, "Thank you." I was so proud of my polite little girl. Lexi had a blast! She only got scared once, and so I had to get her candy for her. This nice man in our ward dressed up as a wolf. He had the mask, furry hands, etc. She would not for the life of her go to his cauldron and get candy. I held her hand and started leading her towards him and she started crying and said, "No mommy, next room please." So, I got the candy for her and went on my way. Later that night, he took of his mask and we showed Lexi he wasn't scary. Then he put it on again and spoke to her telling her it was still not scary. She didn't buy it, she still thought he was scary with his mask on, even when she saw him unveiled, oh well. We ended the night eating donuts and drinking cider. It was a lot of fun! Christine was pretty chill the entire night. I just loved how her bow I ordered for her turned out. It is a little big for my taste, but still super cute! Tonight Christine wore a black turtle neck with black pants, candy corn socks, and her cute bow. On Halloween night, she will wear a onesie that her Grandma Glidewell got for her. I am so glad our ward did this, Lexi really enjoyed it and since Halloween is on Sunday this year we will not be trick or treating, so I am glad she had her chance tonight. She got lots of candy, she filled her treat bucket! By the way, I embellished a one dollar bucket I got at Michaels with ribbon and chipboard letters to create her own personalized Halloween candy bucket. She loved it! I liked how it turned out too! Anyways, I will post more pictures of our pumpkin, which we are carving tomorrow night, and I will post pictures of the girls in their Halloween pjs that their Grandma Farrelly got for them  later. Happy Halloween Weekend everyone!






No comments: