Saturday, November 20, 2010

Library Craft Project

I absolutely love, Love, LOVE our local library! It is amazing. The kid section is really incredible, I hope to have a playroom/basement that I can layout just like the libraries. It is that awesome! I try to go to the library twice a month with the kiddos, and sometimes we even go 3 times a month. While we are there, we always have the same routine. We first pick/check out our books and then Lexi gets to play with the puppet theatre, puzzles, kitchen, felt board, lego table, computer games etc. Then, before leaving we go over and see the fish in the aquarium. Well, this past Thursday when we went to say bye to the fish, there were craft projects  for the taking. They were already cut, bagged, and ready to be brought home for children to put together. I thought it was cool. So, Lexi picked out this fall wreath that she wanted to take home and do. She loved doing this. It is the simpliest project ever and I think it was one of her more favorite ones. She got to tear the strips of paper into little squares, which she loved, and she got to glue. She is getting so good at glueing. How we do it is, I give her a wooden stick, I pour some glue onto a paper plate, and then Lex dredges one end of the popsicle stick in glue and then smears it all over whatever she needs to put glue on. It is great! She calls it "painting with glue" which is a pretty good description of what she is doing. Anyways, she did this whole project pretty much entirely on her own. It is now hanging on her bedroom door. Today, I asked her if we could take it down, because everytime you open/close the door it makes a swoosh noise and drives me a little crazy, but when I asked she looked at me with the saddest look and said, "Mommy, please don't that would make me sad." So, it is still up. But, I am glad she is so proud of her artwork! And, thank you library for the wonderful Thrusday project.

I love her look in this picture. And, I love that you can see her trademark smile, gotta love the gap in between her  teeth. 

No comments: