Monday, November 22, 2010

FHE: Oreo Cookie Turkey

Tonight for FHE we read our thankful tree leaves to remind us of what we are thankful for. We also sang songs about Gratitude and discussed, briefly, the history behind Thanksgiving. Then, for our treat/activity we made these adorable oreo cookie turkeys. The whole family enjoyed doing this! As Lexi was making hers, she would sneak candy corns and pop em in her mouth.Then, I would ask her, "Did you take a candy corn?" (as her cheeks were bulging and orange/yellow drool rolled down her chin). She looked at me, and said, "No, mom." (as pieces of candy corn were falling out of her mouth). After this, she would just start to laugh, it made us all laugh. She really enjoyed eating as she worked! But, I was impressed that when all was said and done, she actually completed one turkey! Chris also made some turkeys. So, it was a fun family endeavor. Lexi kept singing, when she wasn't eating, The five fat turkeys are we.. song. It was cute! I had taught it to her when we made the hand and foot turkey and she remembered it, apparently. Anyways, it was fun to make these and remember that sometimes playing, laughing, singing and eating with your family are the best of times. It was also a fun reminder of how Thanksgiving is fast approaching, I am so excited! So, from our family to yours, Happy Early Turkey Day!

There should be another candy corn on the bottom left hand side, but Lexi snatched it! Anyways, this was the best looking one we made!
I love this picture, because Lexi kept looking at it and saying, "I love you little turkey!"
She was so proud of her creation! And, as you can see from Lexi's face, these turkeys are also messy and scrum-diddly-umptious! She even got some frosting in her nose if you look close enough :)
Chris really was proud of this one, it was his first one that stood up without falling over!
Chris insisted that I be in a picture too, so here I am, in all my Monday night glory, with my last turkey of the evening!

No comments: