Sunday, November 14, 2010

One Night in Bethlehem

Each year, instead of doing a ward Christmas dinner, our ward puts on an event called, One Night in Bethlehem. Basically, our entire church building is transformed into Bethlehem and tour guides take groups through each scene which all leads to the manger room where there is the Nativity scene. That is not a very good explanation for this wonderful event, but hopefully you get the idea of what I am talking about. Since living in MI I have been involved with this event. The first year I was in charge of communications. The second year I was in the cast as a tour guide. Well, this year, Christine and I get to be involved. I am still going to be a tour guide, and Christine gets to be one of the four baby Jesus's. Today, the sweet lady who is in charge of PR, took a picture of the cute couple playing Mary and Joseph and Christine as Baby Jesus. The picture is going to be put in all local newspapers online and hard copies to promote this community event. I just had to share the picture, I think it turned out really good. I am really excited to be a part of this event again this year, and I am thrilled that Christine gets to be a part of it as well. Now, I want everyone to  pray on Friday, Dec. 3rd that Christine will be a sweet, peaceful, baby Jesus :) Okay? Thanks!

1 comment:

Lynda said...

That is so sweet! I'll pray for you, but if she cries a little that will be fine. What an awesome activitie! Our ward is doing something similar this year and I am totally looking forward to it! It's even the same night as yours.
I'll be thinking of you. Love You!