I am so in love with what we are doing for our Christmas countdown this year. As I was searching my favorite blogs for some ideas, I found many, MANY ideas. However, this idea kept showing up on lots of different blogs and I felt it was the perfect one for our little family. It is a Book Christmas Countdown. Everyday, Lexi gets to unwrap a different Christmas themed book and before bed, that is the one special book we will read as a family. Lexi loves to read and so I felt this was the perfect way to not only get her into the holiday spirit, but to also have fun counting down the days to Christmas. This turned out to be really inexpensive for me. I already owned 7 Christmas themed books for toddlers and so I just needed to get 18 more. So, I headed on down to my favorite Salvation Army store for children's books. Sure enough, they had exactly 18 Christmas books, no joke. So, I bought them all. They had a deal going on where you could get 3 books for one buck, so the total cost came to 6 dollars. Fantastic! Then, I went to the dollar store, purchased wrapping paper, the red basket and the ribbon, so another 4 dollars was spent. Then, I just printed off the numbers at home from my computer and used glue dots I already owned, so that was free! So, there you go, for 10 dollars, we now have this cute book countdown that we will be starting tomorrow!
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment