Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Alexis, My little Helper

Alexis has really been a big help lately with Christine. She LOVES her sister! It makes me so happy. Lexi loves to get me Christine's diapers. In fact, she literally goes through the bag and finds the design that SHE wants Christine to wear. To illustrate, here is a conversation we just had this morning about Christine's diapers.
(I was in changing Christine's diaper and already had a new one ready to go, when in walks alexis)
Alexis: Mommy, I will get a diaper for you!
Mommy: I already have one sweetie, but thanks anyways.
Alexis: Mom, let me see it.
Mommy shows Alexis the diaper
Alexis: mommy, she cannot wear Elmo today, she wants Bert!
So, Alexis goes through the bag until she finds a bert diaper and hands it to me and says,
"You are silly Mommy, today is not an Elmo day!

It cracked me up, and we have had similar conversations for a while. I do love it that she cares that much about her sister though.

Secondly, Lexi loves to help feed Christine a bottle. She thinks it is so cool.
Below are some pictures of Alexis feeding Christine yesterday.
I hope she continues to help out with her sis as they get older and I hope the love Lexi has for her will only grow stronger as they grow up together! 

No comments: