Lexi loves reading and she especially loves it when we have different readers to choose from in the house. Most every time, she would ask Maralyn to read her her books. And, when she wasn't asking for Maralyn it was for Aaron. Thanks goodness she has a cool aunt and uncle who didn't mind reading a lot during their visit. This particular night, Lexi jumped into Maralyn's lap and read story after story, until it was bedtime. Lexi sure loved having Aaron and maralyn come and visit.
Seriously, thanks guys for coming.
Today, they had to go home after visiting for about 5 days and when they left this morning, Lexi cried for about 15 minutes while saying, "I don't want them to leave, I don't want my friends to leave." She, along with the rest of us, really enjoyed it and already miss them here. But, I finally calmed her down by saying that Aaron and Maralyn needed to go home so that Grandma and Grandpa and Shane and Shawn were not lonely. She said, "Oh, okay, I guess I can share them." It was sweet! We really do miss seeing family regularly, but visits are so special and we cherished every moment of this particular one. I asked Lexi what she enjoyed most, and she said, "Reading books with Maralyn," and "When Aaron gave me Chaco (He gave her two pretend snakes)." Highlights for me were playing Balderdash until late, cooking/talking with Maralyn, getting to know Maralyn better, hanging out, and just the great chats we had.
Anyways, we had so much more fun that I will not write every detail on, but all in all, it was fun to visit with family so close to Christmas. Thanks again, guys, and come back anytime! We love you.
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment