Our Christmas Eve this year was simple, traditional and simply wonderful! Chris had to work for most of the day, bummer I know, but when he got home the festivities began! We had Chicken A La King and a green salad with ranch dressing for dinner, which was delicious and quite appropriate for this season because this dinner literally means, "Chicken for the King." Then, since it was just our family, we decided to forgo the acting out the Nativity, and instead we watched the Nativity video accompanied by the Amy Grant song, Breath of Heaven on the computer. I always feel the spirit when I watch this version and Alexis loved it! Chris and I were so happy because as we were watching, Lexi kept narrating what was happening. For instance, she said, "Mom, the wise men are going to give baby Jesus presents!" And, "Mary is on the donkey because baby Jesus is in her belly and she is too tired to walk." It was cute! It only added to the spirit, in my opinion, and I was glad to know the things we have taught sunk in to her brain. After that, we read part of Luke 2 and ended with our personal testimonies of the Savior. Then, we opened up our Christmas pajamas, ate some truffles, got dressed in our pjs, took some pictures, kissed Lexi good night and retired ourselves for the evening.

This was the first year Lexi asked us to make cookies for Santa. She wanted to make Chocolate Chip cookies, but Chris convinced her that Santa probably eats a lot of those, and would probably like something different, Like oreo truffles. She said okay, and we know that Santa was grateful.
After they were made, Lexi said, "I want to share with Santa." So, we all had a sample taste before going to bed.
I love these pjs! The owls are just too darn cute!
She loved this box!

\
She can never hold still, she dances and runs all the time!
Christine's Christmas pjs are quite cute too and soft and warm. I love these pjs and I love these girls!
1 comment:
It sounds like you had a very sweet Christmas Eve (in more ways than one). Chris is a very wise Santa.
I love that video of the nativity with the Breath of Heaven song too. So beautiful!
Love You guys!
Post a Comment