Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fall Family Fun at Blakes

 

Our family's favorite fall tradition since living in MI is going to Blake's Apple Orchard and Cider Mill. Normally, when we go, we pick apples, eat homemade cinnamon donuts/drink fresh apple cider, and pick out our pumpkin for Halloween. This year we did everything except apple picking. We decided instead of using money for apple picking we would use it for the kid's funland area. This was a good choice! Alexis had a blast! Chris had a blast! Heck we all had a blast! Inside the funland were so many things to do. Just to name a few: Petting Farm, Playground, Gemstone panning, Storybook Barn, Haunted House, Free Unlimited Hayrides, Giant Corn Maze, etc. Seriously, this is not the comprehensive list, but I will stop for reader's sakes. We spent a good 2 hours in "Funland."

Like I said, Lexi had a blast, EXCEPT for the Haunted House. Although designed for kids, Alexis did NOT like to be scared. I told Chris he shouldn't take her in, I told him she was too young, but did he listen? No, of course not! He said, "No daughter of mine is a wimp!" So, he took her. I stayed out because Christine had fallen asleep and I did not want to wake her. So, I waited impatiently outside worrying that Lexi was freaking out! Well, when they came out, big tears were rolling down her face and her poor little hands were shaking, literally. I gave Chris my best evil eye, and he knew without me saying a word, that it was a mistake. Lexi started saying, "I was scared mommy, I don't like it, I want to go home!" Well, I calmed her down and convinced her that we were going to stay, but that she didn't have to go back in. It worked, we stayed and she enjoyed the rest of the time, having a ride on the hayride, picking out our pumpkin, and eating donuts and drinking cider.

It really was the perfect day for fulfilling this tradition. It wasn't super hot, like our first year, it wasn't raining and cold, like our second year, it was just right! We arrived as most people were leaving too, since it was early evening, and so it was not even that crowded! It was great! Driving home, Chris and I realized this would be the last time we would get to enjoy this tradition, since next fall we will be back in AZ. We were actually sad at the thought. Geez, I wish apples could grow in AZ! Oh well, for now, we have such fun memories to hold on to.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: