Sunday, October 20, 2013

Corbin Matthew Glidewell

On December 17, 2012 our little Corbin was born. I was induced with him, just like Christine, because of his size. I have big babies :) However, instead of waiting until I was overdue, like with what happened with Christine, Dr. Huish let me be induced a couple of days early. How grateful I am because he weighed well over 9 lbs! Not my biggest baby, Christine has him beat, but still. Everything went really well. Of course, I am writing this about a year later so a lot of details have left my brain. But, nothing too bad happened. I had a wonderful doctor and staff working with me and great family support so it was good. Corbin's delivery was my fastest delivery yet. I went in early in the morning and he came by the afternoon. Only about 4 hours total. Not record breaking, but still pretty quick. We were in and out of the hospital within 24 hours. We all love this little guy so so much! He has been an easy going baby. I was so grateful to welcome him into our family. We love you Corbo!

leaving for the hospital!

instantly fell in love with this guy


isn't that the cutest name tag ever? I had great staff at the hospital that day. 


aunt hallie and uncle ian meeting their nephew

Glidewell grandparents

look at Christine's face on this pic? priceless.

aunt maralyn and rhett

I believe Grandma Farrelly his holding him in this pic. We had a full house in the hospital with both sides of the fam there. 

I look hideous, but I just had a baby so I guess it is okay. And he is cute so it is all good!

Now, my nails look good, huh? It is a fun tradition that my mom started where she takes me for a mani and pedi before giving birth. It makes me feel happy. 

The sisters meeting brother for the first time. Lexi loved him instantly and I think Christine did too, but it took Christine more getting used to him since she had not been through this before like Lex. I love his facial expression in this picture. 

First family photo. Aww...I love my kids and Chris so much!

Doesn't it look like he is trying to give Gramps a big kiss? Love it!

So, my parents came and brought the girls and while leaving the hospital they were almost all killed in a car  accident due to another car running a red light so when they entered they were a little frazzled. I am just so grateful that they were all okay in the end and they could be with us, in person, on this special day. 

No comments: