Today, I was asked to take snacks into nursery. Nursery is where lexi goes during two hours of church. It is for 1 1/2 year olds to 3 year olds. I felt like being creative and healthy, so this is what I came up with. Okay, well, it wasn't my original idea, but when I saw it on Family Fun I knew it would be perfect! They are ladybugs sitting on lettuce leaves. Here is how I made it.
Red Grapes, cut in half (Ladybug heads)
Strawberries, scored down the middle (Ladybug wings/body)
mini chocolate chips, point side inserted into strawberry (spots)
and a toothpick to hold the whole thing together
honeydew (leaves)
I think it turned out cute, and Lexi loved them! There was none left, so I assume the nursery kids loved it too!
Anyways, I am having fun playing with food for Lexi to eat. It has given me sometime to feel a little more creative on a regular basis.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So cute! I'm never creative with Nursery treats. In fact, I usually only remember as I'm rushing out the door. This makes me excited for the next time I'm assigned!
I made these yesterday for nursery, and they were a hit!!! You are an inspiration, Heidi!
Post a Comment