Friday, March 23, 2012

Fun Friday

Today was an especially fun day with my girls. We first went and bought some sand toys and then we went to the park and played in the sand for a long time! Lexi was having so much fun and even Christine liked it for a bit too!

Our "Sand Mountain" as Lexi called it. 

Then, during Christine's nap time, Lexi and I did a U is for Umbrella activity. Lexi had been studying this letter at school last week, so I thought it would be fun to do our own U activity to reinforce what she has been learning. We had a blast making our own Umbrellas. Lexi even used glue to make "rain drops" When the glue dried, they really did look like rain drops, it was cool. Then, she traced the letter U with marshmallows. I love seeing Lexi's attention span getting longer, and I love watching her learn and discover things. She loves school and learning and this makes me happy :)

You can even see on the bottom left hand corner where she practiced writing the letter U all by herself. Pretty good, I think. 

close up of her umbrella made out of half a paper plate and straw

tracing the U with marshmallows

So, Happy Friday everybody!

No comments: