My friend, Caroline, told me that her three year old son memorized some of the articles of faith. After she told me that, I got to thinking, "hmm... I bet Lexi could do that, too!" It never even occurred to me to try before. Well, the entire month of January, we practiced the first article of faith and last night, she did it all by herself, multiple times. I am so proud of her! She also knows that the 13 articles of faith were written by the prophet, Joseph Smith, and can be found in our scriptures. All month we talked about Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, and she now knows that when she is 8 and baptized she will receive the gift of the holy ghost. I am amazed at the things almost three year olds can do and say, for that matter. I do have two videos of her saying the same thing, but I loved both of them so you can watch both if you want to.
Just in case you cannot understand her as clearly as I do, the first article of faith is as follows:
"We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in his Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost."
P.S. Sorry the videos are so dark, and Lexi looks well dark in them. The lighting in our apartment is horrible, especially at night, and the camera does not have a very good light, so sorry for poor videography, but hopefully you can hear her, which is the main point.
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my gosh that is SO. DARN. CUTE. She is so smart. I am the primary pianist and love being in there with all those sweet/smart kids! Its amazing what they know.
Cute! My cousis' daughter just learned this with pictures and she was only a year old! I've heard many people teaching their young kids the articles of faith I think I will have to start teaching Kaylee soon! Your family looks great and hope things are well!
Isn't amazing what kids are capable of? I totally underestimate Davy all the time. We've gotten all the way through 6, and he keeps asking to learn the "Rock On" Article of Faith... Makes sense in his mind. ;)
Post a Comment