Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Fun Valentine's Day

I cannot say we had the most romantic Valentine's day this year, but it was a lot of fun! To start the day, I made chocolate waffles with buttermilk syrup, homemade whipped cream and raspberries for my family.
This was a huge hit with Lexi and Chris. They loved these!

Then, Chris surprised us girls with flowers. He got each of the girls their own rose and I got a bouquet of pretty spring flowers. He also gave me a sweet card! 
you can see Christine's rose in this pic. Lexi was having too much fun flying hers around, so it didn't get in the shot

I love how fresh flowers make the house smell amazing!

Then, as Chris was running out the door to get to school, I gave him a U-Da-Man chocolate bar! 

He is Da-Man in our house!

Then, it was party time for me and the girls. I threw a little Valentine Party complete with games, passing out Valentines and eating way too much sugary goodness! Lexi had a blast, I hope the other kids did too! 
This is the valentine we made for Lexi to pass out to all her friends
Here are the kids making their "Love bug" treat bags to hold their valentines in. 
Here are the finished projects



So cute!
Game Number 1: They had to go around the apartment finding the hearts with letters on them. Then, they matched the heart letters to the ones on the ground, and when they were done, they completed the phrase, "You Rock!"

Game Number 2: They had to go find more hearts around the apartment and then decide if they were small, medium, or large. This was a little tricky for them, but they liked it! 
Game Number 3: This was called, Heartbreakers. They had to match up the hearts based on number. One side had the written number and the other side had the same number of stickers. So, they had to match em up. This was more complicated for all of them than I thought, so I am glad I also color coded them as well. 
The food was a hit!
Jewel and her daughter joined us later, and I am so glad because then Lex wasn't the only girl :)
What sweet kids!
These are some cute sugar cookies that my friend, Caroline brought. 

These are the chocolate cupcakes I made. I was going to pipe the frosting, but I got lazy, so they are not as cute as they could have been, but yummy nonetheless. 
The food table consisted of pb and j sandwiches cut out in hearts, chips, strawberry milk, and the cupcakes and cookies. Simple, but a hit with the kiddos. 
Our friend, Bella. 
Even Christine had a good time! She was so good, I just had to hold her the whole time, bummer. 

All in all, the party was successful, and again, Lexi had a great time. Thanks for coming, guys. When her friends left, Lexi looked at me and said, "I already miss my friends, can we have another party soon, mom?" She sure loves to be around kids her age. 

Our Valentine's Day ended with Chris coming home from school at about 9:30 p.m. and I went to the gym. Then, I made Chris his chocolate finale dessert which was Chocolate Molten Lava Cake. This picture does not do the dessert justice, but Chris was in Heaven! He said it tasted a lot like the Chili's restaurant one that we love so much, which is good, since the recipe was suppose to be a knock off  of that one. So, all in all, I did good. 
It was a fun day filled with chocolate, friends, and of course, love. I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's day too! 

We also were fortunate enough to receive some fun valentine packages from my parents and my grandparents. Thanks so much guys. There are no pictures, but we loved everything!

No comments: