Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Christine's Blessing Night

On Sunday, Sept. 26th, in Mesa, AZ my sweet, little Christine was given a name and a blessing by her daddy, Chris. It was very personable and sweet. The blessing took place at my inlaw's home in their gorgeous living room. The circle was full of uncles, grandpas, and great uncles! It was awesome! When Chris was giving her a blessing, I felt the spirit so strong. I knew that what he was saying was what the Lord wanted for Christine. He blessed her to have a desire to know her Heavenly Father and gain a testimony of his gospel. He blessed her to love her family and have a special relationship with them, and many more things that will benefit her in her life. I am so very grateful for a husband who honors his priesthood and who can use it to bless our sweet girls. There was such a special spirit felt by having so much family gathered around. We had all of our siblings and their families present, with the exception of Chris's sister Autumn and her family, each set of parents were there, my cousins and my uncles and aunt from my mom's side, and Chris's uncle, aunt and cousin from his mom's side. It was a full house and I loved it so very much! Thank you again to all who could make it! After the blessing, we had yummy trifles, white punch, and as we ate we got to socialize and enjoy being together as a family. The night was perfect, except for...my kids! Lexi was so emotional. She cried A LOT, was CLINGY to me, GRUMPY and at times would just be flat out MAD! I guess that is what happens when you arrive in town the night before and there is a 3 hour time difference, with no nap in between. Oh well, eventually I gave her a plate full of trifle goodness and she was content for a while. Now, Christine was also not her usual self. My laid back baby was the farthest thing from laid back that night. A half an hour before the blessing began, she just started screaming off the top of her lungs! I mean SCREAMING! I was getting her dressed in her white beautiful dress and she was just wailing. I put on her beautiful white bow and bracelet as she continued WAILING, getting a bit louder each time. So, after she was all put together, and people started arriving, I did a mental checklist. Is she hungry? NO. Is she poopy? NO! Is she cold? NO! What could be wrong! Well, we needed to get started with the blessing, so we shoved the pacifier in her mouth, bounced away like crazy and hoped for the best. Well, during the blessing Christine did pretty good, during the end, the pacifier no longer sustained her , though, and after that she went a little crazy. So, in most pictures she is screaming! After an hour of not knowing what to do, we fed her, despite the fact that she only ate an hour ago, and that seemed to help, except for the "fun"diaper that occured later that evening. Anyways, overall it was still magical, I just now know that time difference and overwhelming amounts of people is overstimulating for my girls. Oh well, life is life. I still wouldn't have had the blessing done any other way. I made the banner that hung by the refreshment table, and I loved how it turned out! This was my first time making the fans in which the letters are stuck to, and now I love doing them! Anyways, every time I scrapbook something I am reminded how much I like it! But, this post isn't about me so I will stop digressing. I love that Christine has joined our family and I have really enjoyed the opportunity to be reunited with family. Now, I have to mention, that my grandpa and grandma king, my uncle denny, and my cousin Brandon all came from Cali to meet Christine and spend time with us they just had to leave before the blessing. The same is true for Chris's sister Autumn her husband, Joel and their little girl, Adelynn. So, we had the wonderful opportunity of having so much family visit over the weekend. Again, thanks for everyone for coming, we loved it!

                                                        Cousin Brady and Aunt Sarah
                                                                         Happy Family
                                                                Empty trifles=success

                                                                       Glidewell Family


                                                      Aunt Hallie trying to console Christine

No comments: