Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Celebrating Labor Day at Frankenmuth

On the way there,  Lexi was kind of grumpy and would not smile for a picture. Well, we finally got this smirk out of her! After that, she was one happy girl.



We had such a great Labor Day. We spent it with being together and going to a town we have never been before, Frankenmuth. Frankenmuth, a german inspired town,  is about an hour and a half from our home and it is known for it's fried chicken and christmas stores that are open all year long. So, we went to the Bavarian Inn Restaurant and had some fried chicken. It was tasty, but I wasn't too impressed, I still think mine is better. Anyways, after eating lunch, we went to Bronner's Christmas store. This thing was massive! Seriously, the biggest Christmas store I have ever seen. We spent a while in there looking at all the ornaments and gifts and seasonal things. Man, it sure put me in the mood for the holidays. Lexi had a blast in the kids area. There was a designated children's area that was all hands on, which is great, because the other parts of the store are not kid friendly. Her favorite part of this room was the santa hotline. They had a phone that when you picked it up, "Santa" literally talked to you and asked questions. She felt so cool talking to "Santa." She kept hanging up the phone and picking it up again over and over to see if someone talked to her everytime. When she was satisified that they would always speak, she wanted to stay there forever. But, we finally convinced her to look at all the other cool things in this store. Most of the pictures are from that store. We ended the day by getting some fudge. Man, I am not huge into fudge, but this stuff was good. We got three different kinds to sample. We bought peanut butter, rocky road, and german chocolate. The german chocolate was my favorite. Chris's favorite was the peanut butter. Lexi loved it all! And, of course, Christine slept most of the time, except for when she needed some diaper changes. So, we will have to show her the pictures later to show she was alive and with us. Gotta love the new born stage :) I am so glad we went. We were able to take one last "out of town" trip before Chris starts school, which was today. It was well worth the drive! Oh, driving home, we saw a sonic and had to stop in, for we have missed having one so close to home. We ordered our route 44 drinks and lexi shared mine, ocean water, which is why she is showing off her blue tonuge in one of the pics. I love sonic!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Autumn Fauver said...

Ohh I miss you guys so much! Alexis is such a beautiful girl and such a sweetie! I hope I get to see you new one soon she is gorgeous!