Friday, August 20, 2010

Volcano Eruption


















Today I took Lexi to the park. While we were getting her sand toys ready, she asked if her dinosaurs could come with us and play in the sand. I told her they could, and then I had a genius idea! I told her we could make a volcano that her dinosaurs could climb and then we could let it explode with lava! She thought it sounded cool so I packed the vinegar, baking soda and food coloring. I was so excited to do this with her, I thought for sure she would love it! Well, we got to the park, we built the volcano, which was fun, and then I filled the whole with baking soda and then, when the reaction with the vinegar occurred, I was waiting for "oohs and aahs" from Lexi. Instead, Lexi got scared and said, "Turn it off Mommy, turn it off!" She did not like it at ALL! She jumped out of the sandbox and would not return until all the foam disappeared. It was so sad. As you can see from the pictures she was not a fan. Oh well, I guess we will have to try again later when she is older. I love it when things don't go as planned. Leave it to a 2 1/2 year old to spoil the eruption party :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: