The Moms and Kids started off by doing two painting projects. The first was a Thumbunny Loves you card. The kids used white acrylic paint as the ink pad, and then used their thumb to make the bunnies body and ears. The ears are actually half of a thumbprint. Then, when the paint dried, they used a permanent marker, with help from mom, to make the eyes, nose, and whiskers. Here are Lexi's examples she made:
Then, the kids made a flower by gluing on the paper flower, cut previously and drawing a stem with a paintrbrush. Their hand prints were the leaves. They turned out so cute, I think anyways. A picture is the center of flower. Again, here is Lexi's picture:
Here is a picture of Erin and Jewel and their girls doing the painting projects:
After painting and washing hands, the kids dressed up to get ready for the tea party. I brought some stuff and the other moms brought some stuff and the girls went crazy dressing up like princesses. I have to mention that Talon was there as well, the only boy and came already dressed up as Mr. Incredible. I brought a mirror so that the girls could look at themselves all dressed up, and I have to say, they liked it. Lexi even kissed herself in the mirror once. 
Then, when everyone was dressed and ready to go, we went to the table and had our tea party!
The menu:
1. Tea (apple juice)
2. Heart shaped sandwiches (pb and j/pb and honey)
3. Animal crackers
4. Decorated cupcakes
The kids LOVED the food. In fact, the sandwiches were a bigger hit than I anticipated! It was cute. They used little tea cups and we even served the juice out of a tea kettle. The kids had a good time. This time was fun too because the moms had a chance to socialize and eat themeselves.
After the party, I made little party favors for the moms and girls. I am quite proud of them, I think they turned out so cute! I cute leaves and a flower out of cardstock and then glued on a lollipop for the center and stem. I put them in a green styrofoam half circle that was sitting in a plastic bowl. They were also going to be the centerpiece for the tea table, but last minute I decided that was a bad idea, and I am glad I changed my mind, the flowers probably would not have survived the kids sitting at the table. Anyways, that with the favor passed out, that concluded our tea party. Thanks everyone for coming!
2 comments:
aww man I remember holding her when she was first born... she is such a big girl! Um that is the cutest little party! I loved the crafts and the tutus!!
the pictures are very cute.Alexis and friends look real so cute.I Love all of them/ hope you and chris are doing good , Have a Happy Mothers Day.Love you Aunt Dee dee
Post a Comment