Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day: 2010

Today was a good day. It started off great, had some gliches in between, and ended sweet, so all in all, it was GOOD. First, Chris took care of Lexi this morning so that I could take a LONG shower. I even had time to shave my legs :) Then, as a family, we made semi-homemade donuts and mango smoothies. YUM!
First, we got out the ingredients:
Then, Chris was the frying master:

Lexi and I were the decorators:

And, then our final product turned out pretty darn pretty and very tasty:

Here is our mango smoothie before the blending action:

And after:


And then, here is Lexi and Chris enjoying breakfast:

I enjoyed it too! If you can't tell, I was excited about breakfast! It was fun that our whole family worked together in the kitchen to create it, I enjoyed the help :)
Then, Chris surprised me with these pretty yellow flowers.  I am going to transfer them to a pot very soon so that we can enjoy them for a while. I love how yellow and happy they make me feel.

After getting ready for church, Chris took some pictures of me and my girl, the reason I can even enjoy celebrating this holiday. I think these two pics turned out the best:

As for the rest of the day, we went to church and then came home and had a yummy dinner. We had pulled pork sandwiches with broccoli salad. Delicious! Chris also helped make dinner, which was so special. We ended the day with a family walk, a game of 5th grader, and talking to our moms and doing a skype session with my family. It was a good Mother's Day. Oh, at church, all the moms received flower seeds, a chocolate bar, and a pot to plant the flowers in. It was sweet. It looks like come Memorial Day I will start gardening.

I do have one sad story though, which made me feel really bad. I decided that I would try to curl Lexi's hair for church, to help her natural curls out. Well, I apparently got the curling iron too hot, and well, I fryed a big patch of her hair. All of the sudden, I smelled this horrific smell and when I looked at the pretty brown, turning black very quickly, hair on the iron I knew what I had done. Needless to say, Lexi now has some "layering going on in front" Luckily though, I did not burn her scalp and no severe damage was done, so I am sure she will forgive me. And, you cannot even really tell that much. Geez! I don't think I will be curling her hair for a while, I am now terrifed to try. Maybe that is why God blessed Lexi with naturally curly hair, because he knew her Mom couldn't do hair :(

Anways, I am truly blessed to be called a mother. I have a wonderful daughter whom I love more than anything and one daughter happily growing inside waiting to come to Earth in just a few short months. I am honored  that God has confidence in me to send his choice spirit daugthers to our home so that I can nurture them and hopefully help them return to Him one day. Although, every day being a mom is not always roses, I am so glad the good times outweigh the frustruating times. I am in awe how one little smile, one little, "I love you" can make me smile and make the whole world seem like a perfect place. Being a mother is truly the most rewarding job out there! I love it!

No comments: