Friday, February 5, 2010

Fire and Ice Festival






Last weekend, we went to downtown and attended the annual fire and ice festival. It was really neat. The zoo sponsored it this year, so all the ice sculptures were of animals. Ice carvings are amazing to me. lexi loved looking and touching these cold creations. The fire station was also opened, so we were able to go and see fire trucks, fireman gear, and what a fire station looks like from the inside. This was the highlight of the night for Lexi. She cried when we had to leave. At the end of the night, there was a fantastic firework display. We were right underneath them. It looked like the fireworks were going to burst down on us. It was awesome! Well, awesome for Chris and I. Lexi did not like the fireworks. At first she was sort of into it, but then she buried her head into my shoulder and said, "All done" with a panic tone. I think it was too loud for her. Plus, it was FREEZING! I mean freezing! We went prepared, but when we got back to the car we all looked like rudolphs with our nose so bright and Chris and I were numb in our legs, so we can only imagine what Alexis felt like. However, it was well worth it. Also at the festival was ice skating and tubing. Lexi did not meet the qualifications for tubing, so we just watched kids go down and she still thought that was neat. Anyways, here are some pics of the evening. I know it is hard to see the detail on the sculptures due to their transparency, so sorry about that.

3 comments:

Autumn Fauver said...

Thats so funny! " all done!" lol too cute!! sorry it was so cold but it sounded like it was pretty cool!

逛街 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Autumn Fauver said...

Hey yes I heart that song also! I have the cd that its on and the whole disk is amazing. Yes the first time I heard that song I cryed!