




Yesterday, the 21st of February, was Lexi's actual birthday. Unlike her party, it was a very relaxing day. To start off the morning, I cut her eggo waffles into a flower and butterfly. I am obsessed with my cookie cutters, and those were the two Lexi picked! They were cute! Almost too cute to eat, ALMOST!
After breakfast, we all took showers and then Lexi opened family presents. She opened presents from both sets of Grandparents, and her uncles pitched in on the grandparent farrelly gift. She got some really neat stuff! I won't make a list of them, but basically she is a very blessed girl to have such wonderful grandparents and family members who love her and shower her with gifts. Thank you to everyone for the gifts!
Then, Chris and I presented Lexi with our gift to her, a radio flyer tricycle. Chris did a good job putting it together and she loves it! It is a challenge for her though, because she could not master pedaling or steering on the first try, and that frustrated her, but challenges are good for her. Chris and I have noticed that she gets easily frustrated if she cannot master something on the first try and she gives up if that is the case. This was no exception, but she is determined to figure it out and that is a good thing for her to learn. So, once the winter weather subsides, we are looking forward to taking her to the park so she can get some really good practice time on the tricycle.
Anyways, after that, we got ready for church and then went to church. I brought in sugar cookies to Lexi's nursery class for her birthday treat. It turned out cute! I don't have a pic of it, but I used my cookie cutters, again, and the cookies spelled out, "Alexis is Two!"
And, that just about concluded her birthday day!
Two is going to be a great year for Lexi with lots of changes! These are a few changes she has coming her way this year: sibling, transforming her crib into a toddler bed, potty training, and I am sure there will be more along the way!
But, even though she is officially a toddler and no longer my baby, I love her even more and look forward to this new year with her. I love you, babe!
No comments:
Post a Comment