I have realized today that I update my pregnancy status on FB, but I have not blogged about this pregnancy. So, that bad trend ends today. Here is my pregnancy update as of today's doctor visit.
I measured exactly on track, 16 weeks. I heard the baby's heart beat again and this time it was 155. Last time it was 160, so both are strong, healthy, heartbeats. My urine came back looking good, I am not even dehydrated which is great! I gained no weight which is fantastic! So far, I have gained two pounds overall and my doc is happy because he would like me to only gain 20 lbs from start to finish and he said with only a 2 pound weight gain thus far, I am doing something right. Which is great! Even though he doesn't know I eat ice cream practically every night; I have been having such sweet cravings this time. But heck, my weight is right on track so I guess I can have my ice cream :) Just don't tell my doc, thanks! My blood work is fantastic and surprise surprise I don't even have AIDS. I was so worried :) (Note: Just in case you didn't catch it, that last comment is swimming in a sea of sarcasm). Anyways, things are going great now, which makes me happy since I have had a really rocky start to this pregnancy. But, now the worst is over and I am so happy to be pregnant.
In three weeks, March 3rd, we find out the gender of our baby. I am really thinking it is a girl. Chris and I each want a boy really bad, but I have feelings that our leaning towards a girl, not to mention a lot of dreams lately with me, Alexis and a baby girl. Plus, the heartbeat is really high, and although they say there is no scientific proof that you can tell the gender from heart beats, I believe you can. See, my friend Nisha is due two days before me so we are exactly in the same spot with our pregnancy. Her baby's heart beat ratings have been 130 and 115 and mine have been 160 and 155 so I am convinced she is having a boy and I am having a girl. Which will be really ironic if true, because she wants a girl and I want the boy. We joke about it all the time. But, I will tell you if my theory is correct come March 3rd I guess.
Anyways, although my appointment today could not have been better, no exams, no blood work, no really "hard" stuff it must have been tramautic for Lexi because she literally cried the whole time. When I laid down so that the nurse could read the heart beat count, the minute I laid down and the doppler turned on, Lexi started crying hard and saying, "Mommy, Mommy, over and over. Then, I had to go to the bathroom and do the routine peeing in the cup and when I was in there with Lexi she freaked out again! THEN, when the doc came in and started measuring my stomach she cried and said, NO more, all done! I kid you not, you would have thought we were at the pediatricians office giving her 5 shots! When I was all done and just talking with the doc I held her and she calmed down. I guess she better wait a while before becoming a mommy :) I don't think she would be able to handle it :) I do feel bad though, because next week SHE has to go to the doc for her 2 year check up. Hopefully she will do better there than at my appointment.
Anyways, all in all my life is good at the moment and I am so grateful to be given the opportunity to be a mom again to another one of God's spirit children. Although I have a lot of anxiety this time and fears that I won't be able to raise two little ones, I feel in my heart this is the right time and the right place to be having another child. Chris and I both new it was time to extend our family and we both have had nothing but thanks that I was able to get pregnant again. So, I know with the Lord's help, Chris's help, and a lot of prayer, I will be able to raise these two sweet spirits that are our family.
Friday, February 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yay! I glad to hear that everything is good so far! hopefully it will stay great the whole time! Glad that you are excited. I don't know when I'll have another baby, but I know its not going to happen for a long time! lexi is so cute I bet she was just scared for you and all the machines were probablly making her nervous too. lol I've seen tons of kids act that way when their moms are getting check ups lol I was at the doctors three times a week so I guess I've seen allot. I hope its a boy too but yah know whatever you have will be great! :)
Post a Comment