Sunday, July 15, 2012

MPS Summer Reading Program Completed!

This year, both girls participated in our public library's summer reading program. My girls love to read and they love to receive prizes, so this was perfect for them to do. For every 8 days they read, they would get a prize. And, it continued for 24 days, so they each received 3 prizes. The first prize was a rubber duck and a free kids meal to Del Taco. The second prize was a little upsetting to them, it was a growth chart. A growth chart that both my girls have already outgrown, so it was not so cool. But the grand finale prize was awesome! They each received a FREE book of their choice. We got to pick from a list online and it arrived in the mail with their names on it. Lexi thought this was so cool. And, we have read her new book more times than I can count. I have it memorized for crying out loud. Anyways, it was neat. After we completed it, Lexi asked the librarian if we could do it again. She kindly said no and Lexi eventually got over it. I am grateful for girls who naturally like to read. I hope it continues to be something they enjoy. Yeah to summer reading!
Christine is holding Lexi's free book, she apparently did not want to hold her new dinosaur book. Lexi is holding the chart they put stickers on each day. 

24 stickers=complete!

No comments: