Sunday, July 15, 2012

Bees Buzz in the Beehive

I needed something fun/educational for the girls to do one day, so I searched online and found this amazing website with some pretty fun kid activities. The beehive craft caught my eye at first because I already had everything I needed at home, not paying for fun is always a bonus :) So, we made fingerprint bees with bubble wrap beehives. We talked about how honey is made and why it is important not to touch beehives in real life. It was fun!
                                          First: The girls had to paint some bubble wrap yellow

Second: Press the painted bubble wrap onto white paper
Ta Dah!
Then, we had to wait for it to dry, so we got ready for swimming, which we were going to do after with maralyn and rhett, and read some books about bees. When it was finally dry, we cut out the beehives, glued them onto another piece of white paper, made some bees with fingerprints and again waited for the bees to dry.
Last: We added black detail to the beehive and bees and there you go, bees buzzing around the beehive. 
They loved it!











No comments: