Our ward hosts a BBQ every summer. We have gone every year since living here and have always had a good time. Well, this year was made even more special for Lexi because of a wonderful, artistic lady in our ward. She did face painting for all the kiddos. But, it was not just a cheek job, it was a full out face painted job! Lexi requested an orange butterfly, so her wish was granted. Later that afternoon we were invited to a birthday party, and so I told Lexi we would have to wash her face for the party. Lexi absolutely did NOT want me to wash off her butterfly, so she said, "Mom, I don't want to go to the party if my butterfly can't come." So, even to the birthday party she sported her butterfly. Then, getting home from the party that evening, I told her we had to wash her face in the bath because tomorrow was church and she could not wear it to church. Her response was, "why not mom, Jesus likes butterflies. I know so because we have a picture of him holding one!" I am sure he wouldn't mind if it came to church."
Well, I finally told her the butterfly was dirty and so we have to wash it off and we would have to say goodbye, so with tears filled in her eyes, and that is no joke, she allowed me to wash the butterfly off of her face. It was cute while it lasted, and she has already asked me if we can paint her face again. So, thank you Sister Cowen for taking the time to make Lexi's day fantastic!
Getting Started
I was actually amazed at how still she sat during the process. She was so good!
Done. She just hasn't seen it yet!
We took her to the car so she could look in the window to see her self. When she saw it, she said, "I am so beautiful! She really loved it!
No comments:
Post a Comment