Chris and I have decided that date night needs to be revived in our home. When we first got married, we were counseled to date each other once a week. Well, we did pretty good following this counsel, but since Law school and kids joined our family, we kind of have slacked in this area. After having a crazy mom week/Chris having a stressful school week, he called me up on Thursday, and told me that he was going to plan a date and that we should start dating again. I was thrilled by the news and wouldn't you know he planned a great date and even made babysitting arrangements! We went to a really good Mexican restaraunt that we have been meaning to try for three years but have never gotten around to it. And, let me tell you, I am sad we did not go there sooner. For three years we have been complaining about the lack of good Mexican food in the state of MI, while all the while this amazing little restaurant was minutes from our house. The food was huge and oh so good. We had to wait 1 hour for a table, but it was so worth the wait! Thank you to all ward members who highly recommended it to us.
Then, we used AMC gift cards that we have had since Christmas, and went and saw a movie. The movie was hilarious and it was just so nice to get "dressed up" and just spend time with Chris. Walking home, Chris looked at me and said, This was nice, I should call you again sometime! After the fun night, we seriously decided that we need to heed the counsel given to us 5 years ago and start dating again once a week. I know this will strengthen our relationship and will help rejuvenate us to fulfill our day to day routines as we are apart. I love Chris and am grateful for a husband who wants to still date me, even after 5 years.
Handsome guy!
Chris's dinner. Doesn't it make Chipotle burros look small?
My dinner: Shrimp tacos. Incredible!
1 comment:
I need one of those dates nights! Looks like so much fun. What a fantastic husband (my cousin) you have to plan that. =)
Post a Comment