I love Lexi to pieces, but sometimes she drives me absolutely insane! She is too smart and too athletic for her own good on occasion. Well, ever since she has turned 3 she has decided that naps are overrated and on a regular basis does not take one. I, was not ready to give up my alone time, so we turned nap time into "quiet" time, in which she has to stay in her room and play while mommy and sister rest. Well, for a while quiet time was a big success, then it turned into Lexi figuring out how to ruin her room and test Mommy's patience. For example, a few months ago, she took apart her bed, literally. A few weeks ago, she took all of the clothes from the closet off the hangers and then snapped all the hangers in half. And her most recent trick, happened Tuesday of this week. She has learned how to climb on top of her dresser and destroy everything within her reach. I had a momento box up there with Lexi's baby memories, like her first hair cut, hospital bracelets, blessing bracelet, first booties, things like that. Well, she managed to get into the box, scatter her first hair cut all over the ground, break the hospital bracelets, etc. she also, threw her piggy banks on the ground, which are glass and thankfully did not break, along with everything else on the ledge such as pictures in frames, etc. She was so proud of herself. Needless to say, this post was the inspiration for our revival to date night, which is my next post. I was grateful that Lexi did not get hurt and Lexi and mommy had a good discussion about safety, etc, and I have not see her do it again, so hopefully, the talk helped, I guess only time will tell.

This is her face as she is getting caught in the act. Can't you tell she is really sorry?
you can see the vase on the floor and other items. I picked up the lamp and the pics but yes, even those were on the ground.
No comments:
Post a Comment