This was so easy to make, even Lexi helped out, and it turned out really cute, in my humble opinion. I wanted to share how I made it so that you can make one for your princess! If anything, it is a fun activity that even toddlers can help out with.
Ingredients/Supplies:
1 (8 count) package frosted toaster pastries, including the box (I used the cherry kind to get the pink frosting on the outside)
1 (16-oz) tub pink frosting (you will have leftovers)
1/2 cup pink and white candies or jellybeans (I used pink, red, and yellow mike n' ikes that were leftover from Chris's b-day)
2 chocolate wafers
4 pink flat-bottomed ice cream cones
1 Tbsp pink sparkling sugar (I used red)
3 mini marshmallows
1/2 pink dragees (I couldn't find these, so I used more sparkling sugar to accent the doors and balconies)
serrated knife
foil
3 small paper flags, which you can make from toothpicks, paper, and stickers
Directions:
1. Remove toaster pastries from package. Wrap box tightly with foil and place one long, narrow side on work surface
2. Spread some of the frosting on top and 4 sides of box. Stick 6 toaster pastries on frosted box to make castle walls. Fill in gaps and decorate sides and top with candies or jellybeans.
3. Spread some frosting on sides of wafers. Stick on one larger side of box to make doors. (My wafers were too tall, so I used the serrated knife to cut off about 1/3 of it.)
4. Using serrated knife, cut curved tops off of 2 cones and then cut 1 top in half. Frost cut sides of halves and stick over door to make balconies.
5. Frost bottom of 3 cones including 1/4 in. of sides. Roll frosted sides in sparkling sugar. Place unfrosted cone inside whole frosted cone to stack them into a taller tower.
6. Stick flags into marshmallows, then place marshmallows on top of cones. Arrange cones on top of box, with taller tower in the center.
7. Pipe frosting along tops of balconies and around door and decorate with dragees and jellybeans or candies.
I think it would be fun to make a rectangle cake, instead of using box, and turning this into a fun girly, princess birthday cake! Just a thought.
My proud, Princess helper
Anyways, we had so much fun making this, even after the event, Lexi would not let us throw it away. So, we have had it sitting on the kitchen window sill for some time. Lexi just loves it! So fun. Thanks Grandma for getting us this book, we can't wait to try more of the cute treat ideas!
1 comment:
That is so cute! We just may need to make one of our own :) I heard that you will be moving out here in the next few months! HOw exciting, we will definatley need to get together cuz I miss you :(
Post a Comment