Oh, she of course, named the snowman, Frosty!
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Once There was a Snowman....
I cannot remember what day it was now, but on a day when Chris was on break from school and didn't have to go to work, he took Lexi outside to play in the snow. They had so much fun! Christine and I watched them out the sliding glass door. They did everything, from making snow angels, to having a snowball fight, then sledding, and THEN, they built a snowman. Why the head is larger than the body is beyond me, but these two were so proud of their creation. Lexi ran to the glass doors, and said in a rushed tone, "Mom, I need a carrot and scarf, hurry please, so dad can take my picture!" So, I handed her the items and she ran full speed to the snowman, wrapped the scarf around his neck, and placed the carrot nose in the proper spot that Chris pointed out to her. It was cute! Anyways, after they came in, she kept going to the glass doors and making sure the snowman was still there and that he was okay. The next morning was no exception. Well, by the afternoon, I was in changing Christine's diaper, when I heard Lexi just sobbing. So, I finished as quickly as I could and hurried to the living room to see what the matter was. She was kneeling by the glass doors, and crying in her hands. I said, "Lex, what is wrong?" She looked up at me with the saddest face and said, "Just look Mom!" (while pointing outside). I looked and the snowman had completely melted. The weather was especially warm that day and the sun was shining, and, well, the snowman was history! I told her it was okay, and when more snow came, we could build another snowman. Well, snow did not come for a while, but this week, there is now more snow. This morning when it was snowing, she looked at me and said, "Mom, we can build a new snowman now!" So, we definately need to do that soon! We just need to wait a little bit longer, though, because there is still not enough for a snowman. Anyways, here is the picture of Lex and Chris's original snowman.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment