Yesterday, Chris and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary. It was a beautiful day. Even the weather was nice to us! Chris had to work all day, but when he got home and the sitter arrived we had a wonderful night out on the town!
But first, let me just say, Chris surprised me this year with some really great gifts! He has never been a gift giver, but this year he really did a great job. I loved the gifts partly because they were so thoughtful! It started out with a surprise knock at the door. I answered it and Chris had ordered me sunflowers, they are my favorite! Now, last year he did the same thing, so I thought that was my only gift and was quite content with it.
However, when he got home from work he surprised me with MORE gifts. First he got me a body pillow and cover! This is fantastic! I have been having trouble sleeping lately, due to a growing belly, and I missed the body pillow I used in AZ, which we did not bring to MI. So, he got me my own!
THEN, he got me a box of thin mints, girl scout cookies! These are my favorite and I adore girl scout cookies, but Chris thinks they are too expensive and so he did not want me getting any this year, so the fact that he bought me my own box, was so sweet.
THEN, he rented a movie I have been wanting to see forever, The Time Traveler's Wife. We have not seen it yet because chris said it looked stupid and didn't want to "waste" money on it. Well, we watched it last night after dinner and wouldn't you know, He liked it more than I did!
I was so impressed with his gift giving this year!
Okay, so after gifts, we went out on a DATE to what is now my new favorite Italian restaurant, Maggiano's Little Italy. We went all out on the food, and with two gift cards, and a 10 dollar off coupon, our huge meal was practically FREE! That just made it taste all the more better! Here is what was on the menu for us last night
Drinks:
Chris: Refills and Refills of Root Beer
Me: Raspberry Lemonade
Appetizers:
Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes
These were amazing!!!!! And, they were only 12 dollars for two crab cakes! See what I mean about how great gift cards are!
Salad:
Maggiano's Italian Salad
I don't know how they make their signature dressing, but I could have drunk it in a cup, it was heaven on a salad!
main Course:
Chris: Lobster Fettuccini
Heidi: Baked Ziti with Sausage
Both were excellent and more food than we could eat! So, we had a yummy lunch today!
Dessert:
Warm Apple Crostada
When I took the first bite, I had died and gone to heaven. It was like apple pie with ice cream and caramel sauce on top, but it was even better than pie! Loved it!
The restaurant was really amazing, I hope we can go back sometime.
It was so nice to have some alone time with Chris. I miss dating without kids, and this was just what I needed to recharge my batteries!
I am so glad to be married and I am glad that I have a happy wonderful marriage even 4 years later! I think I love Chris even more now than when I said, I do! I look forward to the many more anniversaries ahead as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment