Thursday, March 18, 2010

Chris's 27th Birthday





On St. Patty's Day, Chris turned 27! Unfortunately, he had to go to school all day, but when he got come, we had a good time. He wanted pizza and cheesecake for his birthday, surprise, surprise. That is exactly what he asked for last year, but I guess the man knows what he likes! I do not enjoy making pizza, so we ordered some from Pizza Hut! We got wings too, very good! Then, I made him a cheesecake with raspberry sauce, his special request. I kind of messed up on the cheesecake this year, but it really only affected the appearance, the top got a little too brown, it still tasted great! Chris loves raspberries and so he loved the sauce, so that made me happy.

He also opened his birthday presents. Lexi and I got him a new pair of jeans, he badly needed them, and new dress shirt for church, also needed. Luckily, they each fit.

then, he got lots and lots of gift cards from my parents and his parents. I am happy too, because being married to the birthday boy, I also benefit from gift cards to restaurants and movie theatres, etc. Gift cards really are the best gifts for Chris, he loved them all. His parents also got him tradtional St. Patty's stuff and a wallet.

The gift he loved the most this year, though, and I can say this because he told me so, was all the phone calls from family he received. When he got home from school, he had seven voicemails all from family. It made him so happy. He got to talk to my parents and siblings, and all of his siblings and parents. This was the first year that has happened and he loved it. He and I have really been missing family lately, (this always happens during finals) and it made his day to know that everyone he truly loves remembered him on his special day.

Lexi and I also made him shamrocks with different sayings on them like Happy Birthday, We love you, etc. lexi helped put the stickers on, colored them, and she hung them on the wall all by herself. She was so excited to show him when he got home.

I know he had a good day, even if it was very low key. It amazes me how each year seems to get shorter and shorter or time seems to go faster and faster, however you want to put it. I am just grateful for each day and know it is a blessing from God.

No comments: