Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines Day 2009








Valentines Day this year was a lot of fun. This is the last first holiday for Alexis.
Chris and I do not like to go out on Valentines Day for lots of reasons, but mainly because the restaurants are too crowded and we are homebodies. So, we stayed in and I cooked, which I love to do. The menu included parmesan chicken, parmesan couscous, peas, and homemade dinner rolls. Then, we had strawberry cheesecake for dessert. This was the first time I made a cheesecake, so I was nervous, but it turned out really tasty so I was happy. Chris bought me some white tulips which was very sweet of him. They were the centerpiece for our table. Then, I decorated the table so it had more of a restaurant feel. We ate dinner by candlelight and Alexis could not stop looking at the flickering lights of the candle. She loved it. When Alexis went to bed, Chris and I watched a movie. The movie was good. All in all, it was nothing completely out of the ordinary, but for us, it was a perfect day.

No comments: