Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

Today was Dr. Seuss's birthday and so I hosted a light luncheon to celebrate this special day. I love Dr. Seuss and what he did for children's literature. I love his books and I am so happy that Lexi loves his books now too! Her all time favorite Dr. Seuss book is The Cat in the Hat. She also really loves Green Eggs and Ham and Hop on Pop, all classics!

Here is a glimpse of our Seuss Luncheon:
The Birthday Banner
Have I told you lately how much I love scrapbook paper? It has been a long time since I have actually scrapbooked, but I love the opportunities I have to make cute simple stuff with beautiful paper, such as this banner!

David and Karina joined us with their moms. I love how David had his mouth stuffed when I took this picture! We also had another baby come to the luncheon who is a month younger than Christine, but  I forgot to take a picture of her. Anyways, thanks for coming, it was fun!
Here is the centerpiece for the table. I love, LOVE red and blue together. It is so fun and festive for a Dr. Seuss tribute!


Some more decor. I love these feathers, however, they shed so it was a little messy, but cute, nonetheless.
The napkins and silverware. Aren't they festive?
The food Table
All of the food had a fun label themed after his books. Here are some close ups of the food to explain:
Thing 1 and Thing 2 cupcakes. They were red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting! These were a big hit with the kids. I think they turned out so cute!
Diffendoofer Fruit Salad
Poodles with Noodles
I think you can read that sign pretty good, so I won't rewrite the title. 
The fish bowl and feathers gave it a cute touch.
The pink ink were raspberry lemonade and pink lemonade, yum!
This is a horrible picture, but these rolls were delicious! And, yes, I had one. I know, I am bad, but I just had to try these babies. They were filled with sharp cheddar cheese and had a italian crumb topping. If I do say so myself, they were so good! I loved them. 
These, of course, had to be included!

Because the food was the star of the luncheon, I had to make it good. I am happy to say, it was good. I did try everything, except dessert and lemonade, and I was quite proud. I seriously love to cook and host parties. It brings me so much happiness to see people enjoying themselves and loving the food I make. Anyways, we read some Dr. Seuss books, of course, and just chatted and had a good, relaxing time. Thanks for coming you guys! 
And, Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss, the Glidewell family loves you!
P.S. If you want the amazing pasta salad, fruit salad, and roll recipes I made for this luncheon, go to my food blog, because they are posted! Seriously, these things are no ordinary dishes, they are excellent!








No comments: