Sunday, March 6, 2011

5 Year Anniversary

On March 4, 2011, Chris and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary. To start it off, Chris got me two great gifts!
First:
Normally, he gets me Sunflowers, since they are my favorite flower, but he surprised me this year with long stem roses! It was a nice change. And, now, they are fully opened and I have to say, they are quite beautiful and smell amazing!

Second:
Ever since I have been dieting and being more health conscious, I have wanted one of these bad boys. This one is awesome and I use it all the time now. I love how Chris remembers the little things I mention it would be nice to have and then gets it for me, he is great!

Then, when he got home from work, our good friends watched our kids so that we could go out on our annual date. This year we went to a restaurant called, Stir Crazy. I was in charge of picking the place this year, because Chris wanted to make sure we went somewhere I could actually eat at, since I am still trying to eat right and lose some more weight and so; when I googled, "healthy" restaurants" for our area, this is one of them that came up. The food was okay. For the price we paid, we were not too impressed, but it wasn't bad so overall we enjoyed it. I ate Miso Pan Seared Sea Scallops served on a bed of brown rice with garlic sauteed spinach and mushrooms and Chris got his usual Asian meal out, Sweet and Sour Chicken. 

Although the food was just so so, the dessert we got, that they are famous for, was delicious! Yes, I had a bite, afterall, I was celebrating, right? The dessert was Banana Stuffed Fried Wontons. It was bliss! The wontons were fried and then sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar, and stuffed with white chocolate and bananas. Then, caramel was drizzled all over them and it was served with vanilla bean ice cream. My one bite took me to banana heaven for a bit. Chris loved this dessert and asked if I could figure out how to make it, I just might have to try. So, we decided we would go back for dessert, but skip the food.

Then, Chris and I went bowling. We have not been bowling in a long, LONG time, so we were quite bad at it, but we had fun. It was nice to do something different for a change. 

It was a very relaxing and low key anniversary, but it was nice to remember our marriage and evaluate us as a couple. 5 years has gone by fast and I am looking forward to the next 5 and the next 5 after that, etc.

I love Chris and am grateful he chose me to be his wife and I have enjoyed our life together thus far and look forward to the future. Anniversaries are great!

No comments: