Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Weekend

So, although our camera is broken, I still want to journal about Father's Day for memories sake.
Yesterday, eve of father's day, we had our friends come over to swim and bbq. It was fun! Our apartment's pool is pretty nice and it wasn't that crowded so we had a fun time in the pool, well..... most of us anyways. Lexi was not a big fan. She kept complaining about being cold. But, when chris would swim under the water and cause bubbles to surface she thought that was pretty funny. It was the only time she did not whine. Oh well, we will have to try another time. I on the other hand, quite enjoyed it. It felt soooooo good. I definately need to take advantage of it more often before Christine comes.

After swimming, we had bbq ribs, fruit skewers, and a yummy pasta salad that the Wagner's brought over. It was fun. For dessert, we had homemade rocky road ice cream, Chris's request.

THEN, for today, actual father's day it turned out nice. Chris enjoyed himself and that is all that matters. we woke up and Chris opened his presents. He got all 3 Jurassic Park dvds from my parents and then from Lexi he got the game Disney scene it dvd game. He enjoyed them. Then, I made his requested breakfast. We had homemade waffles with buttermilk syrup, strawberries, and homemade whipped cream. It was delicous, if I do say so myself. I am glad he requested it. Chris loved them, in fact, he ate so many he actually told me he was full when he was done! If you know Chris you know this is a shocking statement.

At church, he received a candy bar from the ward and the talks today were fabulous, all about fathers of course.

THEN, for dinner he wanted pork chops the way his mom made them. That was his exact request. Since he could not explain it to me very well, and we could not get a hold of his mom, I had to guess based off his vague description. Basically, they were fried pork chops, made just like you would fried chicken. when his mom called back, she said I made it exactly right, so I did well. Then, we had sweet potatoes and grapes to accompany it. Lexi even ate some of the pork. This is also huge, for she hardly eats any meat at all.

After dinner, we invited some families over for desserts. Everyone brought their husbands fav/ requested dessert. We ended up having chocolate chip cookies, cobbler, and white cake with chocolate frosting. And, ice cream to go with cobbler. Chris requested the cobbler. It was fun, we got to chat and get to know each other and then we played a quick game of the Newleywed game. then, the kids were cranky, tired, fighting/ being fun, so we decided it was time to end and go home.

It ended up being a very fun day and Chris told me he had a wonderful father's day so it was a success. I am so grateful for my father and my husband. they are each good men. I am grateful for the role Chris plays in Lexi's life and I am grateful to be raised by a good man as well. Happy father's day.

No comments: