Sunday, September 22, 2013

This Girl Loves to Dance

We were so fortunate last year to meet a special lady named Jesika Harmon. She was in our ward and has kids very close in age to my kids. Last Fall, she was an answer to one of my prayers. To back up, over the summer we had Lexi enrolled in a princess summer dance camp. it was one hour of crafts and one hour of dance. I needed something for her to do over the summer, if you know what I mean. She needed SOMETHING. So, this is what I chose because she had been begging me to take dance. I honestly thought she would hate the dance part and love the craft part. Well, she loved it all, dang you Dance Barn for being so awesome :) anyhow when it was over she kept asking me when she could take dance again. Financially, it wasn't possible to keep her enrolled and I felt so bad because she loved it so much. But, I prayed that we would be able to find some extra curricular activity that we could afford. Well, then I meet Jesika. We worked together in the primary. She was teaching dance at a studio and was looking for someone to watch her little boy, McKay during the class. She told me she felt that she should ask me to do it and her proposition was that I would watch McKay in exchange for Lex getting to be in her class and having a semester of FREE dance! This tiny miracle made it possible for Lex to be in dance class again. It was also neat for Christine because she had a playmate once a week while Lex was gone. Anyways, this sweet experience really taught me that even small wishes of my heart are heard by my Heavenly Father and he provides a way to help us. Here are some pics from Lexi's recital at the end of it all. Great experience all the way around!

Thank you Aunt Autumn for doing her hair and makeup



She did an awesome job with her part and it was so fun to see 3 and 4 year olds dancing up on the stage. 

No comments: