Today was our third anniversary! It was a great day. First, Chris surprised me with an icecream maker; a gift that benefits us both. It is so awesome. We have been talking about getting one for a while but never have so he surprised me with one. It attaches to my kitchen aid, it is so cool. Anyways, enough of that. But you can see I was excited. Next, I received flowers from Chris today. He had them delivered and everything. He picked out sunflowers, which happen to be my all-time favorite flower. Isn't he sweet? I can never surprise Chris with gifts for lots of reasons, so I made him a nice scrapbooked card. Chris loves cards, he keeps everyone from everybody so he liked it. Then, we got a sitter for Lexi and Chris and I went to Macaroni Grill for dinner. It was so special this time because we went ALL out. Meaning, we got appetizers, desserts, expensive entrees, and we even got dessert, to go. That is huge for us. We hardly ever go out to eat, and if we do we definately do not get appetizers, drinks, or desserts, so you can see how extra special it was. In fact, we got two desserts because we could not decide on one, so Chris got his and I got mine. Oh, the simple pleasures in life. Anyways, I am excited to be married to my cutie pa tutie for three whole years! A lot has happened to us in this amount of time. In fact, over dinner we were listing off everything that has happened to us. I thought I would share some of what we came up with.
1. Chris and I each graduated with our undergrad at ASU.
2. I got my first "real" job teaching second grade
3. Car got stolen
4. Lived next to serial killer, oh yeah, good times
5. Lexi was born
6. Chris got in to law school
7. Moved states
8. Rented our first house, instead of apartment
9. Bought our first car, meaning, used our own money for a vehicle
10. Waiting for baby number two. No, just kidding, wanted to see if you are still reading.
Anyways, I could go on, but I won't. The idea is a lot has happened to us in the short three years of our marriage. I love Chris and am grateful that our marriage will last beyond mortality. He is my best friend and my only true love. I love being married and am grateful we could be sealed in the temple so that our children can also be ours forever. If you ask me, I am one lucky girl.
3 comments:
I love it! I am glad that you had a great day!
Happy Anniversary..and happy belated birthday to Alexis!!
Happy anniversary! I can't believe Alexis turned 1. She is soo cute! Wow the year has just flown by!! I guess I didn't realize that our two cuties are only 6 months apart either. I'm glad you are doing well. You look great!
Post a Comment